Twenty of our pre-collegiate scholarship Romi students
An integral part of our ministry is education, secular and Christian. The hope of the future for the Balkan youngsters and young people is in education so that they may become a useful part of society. The Macedonian Outreach
supports them in a Christian pre-school in the Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) and in several primary and secondary schools in Bulgaria. Also, funds are sent through other reliable sources for school supplies for displaced Kosovo children and youth in Serbia and Armenian refugees in Bulgaria.
In higher education, we assist several women in Serbia at the university level for a nursing career. In Bulgaria, we now support five of our Romi (Gypsies) youth who graduated from secondary schools at the Bible University in Sofia. We also support several others elsewhere. In the United States, we support one woman from the Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) in a Christian university and another in a theological school.
Scholarships and/or Financial Assistance for Children and Young People Enrolled in Pre-School Through Higher Education
Aid is given to pre-school children in Bulgaria and The Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), primary education through adult and higher education students in Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, The Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) and Serbia.
Preschool children during creative arts time
- Funds are provided for school supplies, transportation, lunch and, in some cases, breakfast as well, in the poorer areas.
- School facility rental and repair and teacher salaries are provided, in some cases.
- It takes $30 per month or $360 a year for every pre-collegiate learner.
Little Friends Pre-school in Shutka in the Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)
- Little Friends Pre-school is run by Christians for 23 pre-school Romi children. Shutka is near the capital city of Skopje. Shutka is the most populated Romi city in Europe with a population of over 40,000.
- The Macedonian Outreach began full support of 10 children enrolled in the school in September 2003.
Education of Poor, Armenian Refugee Children in two areas around Sofia, Bulgaria
- The Outreach provides schoolbooks and supplies to the children each summer, since 2003, for their primary and secondary education. Sixty-nine youngsters have been helped thus far.
College Education for Nurses
- Since September 2002, The Macedonian Outreach has sponsored and paid for the education of nurses through the University Children's Hospital, Belgrade, Serbia. Nursing education is a two-year program.
Scholarships for Outstanding Romi Children in Bulgaria from Primary through Secondary School
Teacher with her class
- The Macedonian Outreach currently funds over 150 youngsters at $30 per child each month or $360 annually.
- Each scholarship covers the cost of school books, supplies including paper and writing tools, at least one meal. and transportation to and from school [education is not free in the Balkans]